This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) sonstitutes the entire agreement among the parties. This MOU may not be modified or altered except when deemed necessary and as requested by participating organizations and in approved by all participating organizations. We, hereby agreed to ALL the term outline and the cooperate fully in ensuring the success of ASEAN Youth Network in Japan.
ASEAN Youth Network in Japan
Importance of active participation of ASEAN youth in the future development and progress of both ASEAN and Japan and the necessity of meeting the needs and aspiration of youth in ASEAN countries is recognized. Therefore, this MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) was made on the 30th of April 2006 among the participating students and youth organizations of the ASEAN countries to fulfill the mission and objectives of this network.
The organization is named as ASEAN Youth Network in Japan (AYNJ) and it is to be composed of the ASEAN youth & student organizations in Japan.
- To foster teamwork & networking among ASEAN students and youth in Japan.
- To create appropriate environments which would facilitate the promotion and development of creativity and sense of responsibility of ASEAN students.
- To develop strong partnerships with Japanese and other organizations.
- To promote cooperation among ASEAN students in Japan in the spirit of equality and partnership, thereby contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity of ASEAN.
- This network is to inspire ASEAN scholars in Japan to realize the vision of ASEAN and respond to the challenges of the coming century.
- To facilitate youth exchange and youth cooperation in Japan and to strengthen the relationships between youth of ASEAN and Japan.
- This Network would consist of ASEAN students& youth associations in Japan.
- Every organization in the network will be represented by maximum of 3 representatives. The number of the representatives in the network can be adjusted according to the scale of the membership of the organization. The three (3) representatives are designated as 1st, 2nd, 3rd representative. The president or vice presidents of the participating organization should be the 1st representative.
- All the representatives in the network must be the committee members of their respective participating organizations.
- This Network will be managed by Executive Council chaired by a Coordinator assisted by Deputy Coordinator, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Each position in the Executive Council will be held in rotation among the participating organizations.
- Every participating organization holds only one position in Executive Council each year.
- Build good relationships with organizations that have similar objectives with the Network for mutual benefit when such need arises.
- Share and exchange appropriate information to support each other when needed.
- Do not involve in any religious or political parties.
- All expenses incurred in the activities of Network will be shared among the participat ing organizat ions or the Network may seek for sponsorship fro m individuals or companies.
- The network members should contribute a certain amount each year for the procurement of needed materials and funding for the network’s activities.
- All the activities to be carried out will be discussed and agreed upon during the annual meeting at the beginning of the year. Each activity will be led by a selected participating organization and supported by the Executive Council.
- In cases where participating organizations were unable to carry out an activity discussed during the annual meeting, the organization should inform the Network to recommend cancellation, postponement or transfer of responsibility to another organization. A special Network meeting will be called for this purpose.
- The organizers of each event are required to submit a full report on the process of the event, the outcome and so on after each event. All the reports will be archived and serve as future references.
- Do not conduct any political and religious events.
- Executive Council and activity organizer should work together to seek for sponsorship to support the event when the need arises.
- The Coordinator will be responsible in conducting the annual meeting with the support of all the representatives.
- The annual meeting should be held around third Sunday of January (or April) every year.
- A summary of activities and achievements of previous year will be reported.
- The existing Executive Council, organizing committees and representatives will step down and hand over their posts to the new committee and representatives according to a role-rotating system.
- All discussions will be conducted by the new coordinator with all the participating organizations about amendments, improvements, activities etc.
- Strengthen the existing network by cooperating among participating organizations and giving full support to the network.
- Contribute as organizers of any events of this network if affordable. They are also expected to share information among each other, support and commit to the network as one.
- Attend all the meetings held by this network.
- Hold one position in Executive Council each year if elected.
- Both the Coordinator and Deputy Coordinator of this network will be selected based on a rotation system. Representatives elected by their respective organizations will take turns to contribute as the Coordinator or Deputy Coordinator. Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators are neutral and do not represent their respective countries.
- The roles and responsibilities of the coordinators:
2.1 To coordinate all the discussions among participating organizations
2.2 To prepare and conduct all the meetings of this network
2.3 To call for a meeting when it is needed.
2.4 To make sure planned activities of a year run smoothly.
2.5 They have no right to set up any rule or regulation in the MOU without approval from all participating organizations.
2.6 They cannot interfere in any internal affairs of any other participating organizations.
2.7 They will be the moderators of the mailing list.
2.8 The deputy coordinator is expected to fully support and backup the coordinator.
- The roles and responsibilities of Secretary:
3.1 The Secretary will be selected based on rotation system. Each respective country will send out a representative to take up the job of secretary when it is their turn.
3.2 To take down all the minutes of meetings
3.3 To archive all the reports and so on.
- The roles and responsibilities of Treasurer
4.1. The participating organizations will take turn to keep and manage the account of the network. It should not be kept solely by a person but by an organization.
4.2. The fund of the AYNJ shall be deposited in a reputable bank in the account of the AYNJ.
An annual financial report of Network will be published by the Executive Council and must be audited by the selected organization before annual meeting..
The amendment of the rules or the structure of the network can only be made if and only if it is accepted and agreed by ALL the representatives of all the participating countries. The coordinator is responsible to hold a meeting to discuss about this before any decision can be made.
The Network decision is made when more than 50% of the participating organization voted.
The management and maintenance of the Network homepage will be incharged by all participating organizations on a rotation system.